Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

The Bread of Life

Jesus said, "It is written, man shall not live by bread alone ,but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." How well He knew that we needed to be reminded of that. How wonderful it is that He offered Himself to be the Bread of Life. When we come to Him with a heart that is willing for Him to teach us, He just breaks that bread for us so we can eat. A truth that went to seed in me years ago was, you can not be to simple minded for God. For some reason plain common sense things just seemed to elude me. People would say,"did you think about doing this............When something happened?" "No," I'd say sadly, realizing if they would have been there, common sense would have given them a boost in the right direction. However, since the direction I am headed for is the Kingdom of God ,where all you need is to know how to receive His righteousness, His peace, His joy in the Holy Ghost , it is going to be okay if I do not have common sense. Actually I seem to have a better handle on what sense is needed, because I was listening to the Holy Spirit when I read the story of Mary and Martha and Jesus. When He told Mary, there is really only one thing necessary and it will not be taken from her, I went after it. How glad am I that I did . His words to me gives me strength as food would to my body. His words to me give me peace and His words to me give me great joy, abundant joy, so much joy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a Bible Study with a short Praise,Worship and Prayer time at the end that I have started attending. Of course, I want to share the nuggets of truth that I am getting from the Bible Study. I wish the prayer time could be longer because something extra special seems to happen when saints gather together to pray. If you would like to know the details about where and when this Bible Study is going on just e-mail me. I am not in charge of it, just an assistant.
You can click the my profile for the link I'll publish my Bible Study comments on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?