Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Thankful To Be Thankful

As children we are taught so many things that our heavenly Father re-teaches us. Being thankful is I suppose a matter of choice. Yet it is also the most freeing thing I have found to do. I constantly have the salvation granted me through the LORD Jesus Christ to be thankful for. Yet only when I am "just" thankful do I really have it's benefits. For when I try to earn it or give it a little glory of my own, I destroy it's message and become a stumbling block. When I accept there is nothing I can do to make this gift better by anything I do , I live life as Jesus meant for me to do. For Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life and no one comes to the Father but through Him. His gift of salvation cost Him everything yet He wants me to pay nothing for it. The more I give into accepting that, the more free I am to give all I have. Not because I have to but because it is all His. He is not wanting me to be some kind of sacrifice in return for His gift He gives to us. Nor does He want us to prove to Him that we love Him by what we give. We do not ask Him to prove Himself to us and He does not ask us to prove ourselves to Him. We are as , He is . Thankful.
Matt 11:25-30 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so. Father:for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father: neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whosoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me:for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?