Sunday, July 16, 2006

 

Miracles Happen

When my daughter called and said her refrigerator had quit working , I thought here we go , another storm in our already stormy lives. Although we live in separate homes we are not separate in these tragic events that have come upon her. Our prayers were answered , thank-you dear friends who prayed. Some of the people who seemed to have their minds set on seeing my poor daughter miserable have stopped doing some of the mean things they were doing. How be it though, her finances are dire. No car and well, it is pretty dire. So the refrigerator is broke and she figures it will cost about $120.00 to fix it, because she had a guy out two years ago to fix it and that is what it cost then. After taking care of some basic instructions about trying to preserve the food in the freezer , I entreated her to pray first before she spent any money . I know she can hear from the Holy Spirit , just wanted to remind her , to stop and pray. And I said , I would pray too. So as soon as I could I entered in to His presence and waited for the Holy Spirit to tell me how to pray.
I was kind of surprised when the story of the little boy who gave Jesus his five loaves of bread and two fishes came to my mind but I am not one to be embarrassed to pray however the Spirit is leading me.
So I began,"I know Lord you can do all things. I know that if you want , we can even live without bread and still exist, because man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.However, Jesus you must of felt that the people whom you feed from the five loaves and two fishes , needed food and it did not bother you to ask Your Father to bless them with food. I ask You now to bless my daughter with a refrigerator because most of the food she has to live on for the next two weeks is frozen and in that freezer. Would you please make her refrigerator work, I asked. Would you please touch it and make it work ?" A thought came to my mind and I called my daughter up.
My grand-daughter answered the phone and she said that my daughter had gone to take the meat over to her brothers freezer.
I said, "When she comes back ask her to check the fuse box , or maybe jiggle the plug or something. Maybe there is just a short and she won't need to get it fixed."" I am praying that God will make the refrigerator work." I ended my call. And went back to praying. I continued until my daughter called and said she'd checked the fuse box, and not a thing. But her brother thought he had a friend with a refrigerator to sell so maybe it will work out okay. So today the brother and the friend went about bringing the used refrigerator over to her house and when they pulled her old refrigerator out , and jiggled the plug.............it started working.
Now isn't that awesome. She forgot to tell me that the refrigerator was too heavy for her to pull out from the wall so she could try jiggling the plug and well that is okay because here is the rest of the story.
Unknown to her or me my grand-daughters friend and her mother have been without a refrigerator for three months. They have been using an ice chest to keep things like lunch meat cold and doing the best they could without one. They don't have any money either . But they hadn't let us know they needed a refrigerator either. Somehow now I think this other refrigerator might need to go to them.
I am going to pray about it . One never can be sure until you give the LORD time to speak . I was just wondering if this might be the beginning of a five thousand people miracle ?
Earlier today I was thinking about the time Peter talked to the three thousand people and they were filled with the Holy Spirit . That was nothing less than a miracle and Peter certainly did not do anything different but let the Spirit use his mouth.
Lord You can have my feet, You can have my hands, You can have my mouth, You can have my time as I sit and write what You want me to write. Lord it is all yours, Miracles Happen, one, two , three lives or five thousand lives , they are all important to You , feed them please Jesus.
Let them know You love them and that You never leave them.

Comments:
I saw where she had posted about this as well. God is so awesome!!!!! He knows just what He is doing, her frige is fine and someone else who needs one is getting one! Aweseom God!!!

With Love In Christ,
Cindy
 
I stumbled across this blog, but seeing as there are no accidents, as an electrician and fireman, I have to tell you to pass along to your daughter that a "loose plug" is a danger. Loose connections cause heat, and heat from poor electrical connections can cause a fire. Have that fridge receptical replaced. Now. The part is about a dollar. and anyone that has done even a little wiring can replace one safely and easily (with the power off, please).

Blessings to you and yours.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?