Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

He Blesses Me

When I was a child I use to sing ,"give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning, burning, burning, give me oil in my lamp, I pray." That was our only clue in the song, "I pray" ,as to how you got the oil. Truly that was the right words because the oil in our lamps certainly can not be manufactured by man. The attempt to look like you have oil and do things so it will burn (make a light) sure will mess up the true oil that the Holy Spirit wants you to have. When He (the Holy Spirit) gives me boldness to do some thing, I rejoice. Why ? Because I use to "try to be bold" in my own strength. It looked good to people, (I thought.). Some how the Holy Spirit managed to get my attention and helped me realize how it looked to HIM. Today I rejoice because He gives me oil in my lamp and He keeps it burning. It may not be 100% pure oil but it is being processed oh so thoroughly. When I do things now I so want to do them in His strength. In Ps 37:4 The Psalmist declares, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. " It is so. I live to tell you, "it is so."

Comments:
What a great post! I know that I am striving for that pure oil as well.

Thank you for this post!

Wtih Love In Christ,
Cindy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?