Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

He Called Him Punk

I thought I would like to slide under the seat and be hidden from view. The other day this fellow I was giving a ride to asked me to stop driving a minute. He'd seen someone that we both knew , there in the driveway we were passing, cleaning his car. I obliged, anticipating a quick exchange of "hello , how are you's." This must be what that guy was talking about when he wrote the book , Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus.Evidently these two species have a different way of greeting and talking to each other. Still, (even after reading that book) I was unprepared for , "Hey ! Punk !"
This to a guy I go to church with. This to someone I really respect and esteem highly. He's out washing his car on a Saturday afternoon and some smart mouth hollers at him, "Hey,Punk!"
The testimony is this, the guy looked around and came over and talked to us as though he'd been called by his given name.
Later, I realized the whole , there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus thing, again. Jesus is uncondemning of anything we do. Call someone by an inappropriate name, commit adultery, lie, steal, live an idolatrous life style. He is just waiting for us to call out to Him, and He will come. Without condemning us for what we just did. Without giving us a lecture on how we should properly address Him. Without an I.O.U. or a I'll do better tomorrow deal. Without any stipulation at all. Just come to Him, or call out for Him and He is there.
What is going to happen then ? He is going to want know what you called Him for . What did you want ?
Did you want Him to be your Savior ? He is the One Who gave His life so you would not have to be punished for sin.
Did you want Him to help you ? Those other gods you were serving were not helping you out so good , huh ? Well, He will gladly begin to help you as He becomes the focus of your life. He will be your God and you will be His. It is a great deal !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?