Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

A Light ! His Light At Last !

What would Jesus do was once thought of as a slogan for Christians. Then Christians began to find out , just knowing what Jesus would do, and then doing it was not that easy. People began to pull back from , what would Jesus do, because they feared it would be all to evident that , they were not doing as Jesus would.
Now I think it is good to know , what would Jesus do. I think you can find that out when you read His word. The reading is simple. It is a matter of choice. I choose to read the Bible rather than say, watch TV or some other leisure activity. That in it's self is a great step in the right direction , however only the beginning to being able to do , as Jesus would.
Jesus never condemns.
There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. I read it !
To do as Jesus would , you would not condemn. You could not condemn and claim , I do as Jesus does.
Does that mean you would never correct ?
Does it mean that you would never say, this is sin ?
I do not think so. Because if there was no sin where would our need for Jesus be? We need Jesus. He made Himself available to us , and did all that we would need to be as a son of God that we might be able to do it all as well.
Not without Him though. With Him.
Our receiving Him begins the "with Him" and the more we can receive, the more "with Him" we can be.
I rejoice in what may seem a small victory to you. However, for me I see it as "a light , at last." The times I am able to do as Jesus would and know that I did, because He was with me, I believe is a light, a light that brings glory to the Father and the Son.
Someone made a very wrong choice , that I became aware would affect several people I consider important. Just a phone call could of given this person the information she needed to make a right choice , but she chose not to do that.
She did not sin. She merely made a decision based on insufficient information. Still her choice will hurt a lot of people.
I care about people. I want the best possible circumstances for them all. I want every possible blessing to come to them, all the time. My deep caring for people, has provoked an emotion called anger in the past, when people's needs were unnecessarily not met.
However, today, I am rejoicing in a mighty God, Who is able to meet needs in ways that I can not imagine !
I believe in His love so much that I am quite sure this person's mistake can only be for His glory. I feel no anger , but joy !
Thus the word of my testimony today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?