Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Never the less LORD, I'll do as You say.

How many times have I done something in obedience to Christ and then been disappointed ? The desire to obey came from Him, the willingness to trust came from Him, and I supposed some miracle would occur because after all, I was obeying to Him.
I am thinking fishing this morning and being a worker in the field, so if I get my allegories mixed up just try to stay with me.
The word of testimony I have for today is from the story of the disciples and their efforts to fish after the crucifixion of their LORD.
My testimony sounds like this : I have been occupying LORD , I have been working in the fields, I have been doing all that I can think of to do, until You come, but LORD, I have no fish. Certainly not the fruits of the spirit I would like to see evident in my life. In fact LORD my perverse nature seems to want to carry me off and do it's own thing . The old nature, the one I have been hoping would die, and Your new nature would take over. It does not seem to be wanting to die, and it seems to be attempting to convince me that it will always live. Always rising up and doing some stupid thing at a time most inappropriate.

Never the less LORD , whatever You bid me to do this day, I will do it, because You are my LORD and King.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?