Monday, October 30, 2006

 

The Truth and Facing Giants

Truth can be like that stone David used to slay Goliath. In the life of a growing Christian there are always giants in the land. Someone or some force is not going to want you to be a growing Christian and those forces can seem like giants . Especially if they seem to be able to mess up the fruitful crop you are trying to grow. The fruits of the spirit (necessary for those who do not want to fake Christianity) have to be tended to just as a garden would. You would not plant a garden right in the middle of a forest filled with rabbits and all kinds of wildlife that would like to eat your plants as they sprout . Neither would you expect to grow the fruits of the spirit in a bar every Saturday night and be to tired to go to church Sunday. Being people with legs of course, we can choose where to put our garden for growing at any given time.
Well, we are talking about giants here. Believe you me giants are not wanting to help your garden. They are out to deceive you into thinking it is okay to leave your garden just where you have been putting it. Especially if the giant has been able to eat your crop up almost daily. There is one thing about mobile gardens, you either got to get some protection or fight the giant.
My idea is that you should ask God what He wants you to do.
There is not a pat answer for every situtation. Not even every situtation that looks like another situtation that He gave you an answer for before.
I think it is good to know confidently that LORD will be on your side as you go into fight the giant. Just how one becomes confident of that fact is , you must realize that you are on His side first. You know , like the choose yea this day, whom you will serve, exhortation. If you know that you have chosen the LORD to be your God, and Him only you will serve, the benefits are tremendous. You now have been picked to be on the winning side.
But still I see so many Christians having their lunch eaten by the giants and I so want to help them get the word of truth in their hand.
It is not for me to say just what that truth is. It is for me to know with them that if God is their God, there is a word of truth for them.
I think it comes in a special way that they won't miss it if they just know to look for the word, that is especially for them.
It is okay to try other peoples words I guess. It might just be the same one for you. ( I am talking about scripture here, the Bible is full of them.) However, when you have that one that the HOLY SPIRIT has drawn out of the pile for you , then you know you have it. Let me at Goliath !
I just had a thought ! Maybe that is why David picked up 5 stones. It wouldn't hurt to have a few scriptures from the LORD in reserve !
It is the word of truth that I have for my paticular giant that is the word of testimony I have today. I may have been having target practice before , but this one is bound to be a hit.
Actually , I have about five ! Maybe I better count before I take off. ( A little humor.)
Truthfully, I am waiting on the LORD ! To many times I have been filled with the word , gone into to take Jericho and found the walls fell down alright, they fell on me.
The LORD draws nigh unto a broken and a contrite heart. I have asked Him to break my heart . I need Him to draw nigh. In His presence is fullness of joy. With a joyful heart and pocket full of stones. Wouldn't this be more like a two-edged sword in my hand? I guess even David realized he needed a sword to finish the job. God bless you all. My prayer is that you find your word of truth this day . Maybe you need to be made aware of just what giant is battling you. Are you deceived into thinking that where you've planted your garden , it is an okay location ?
Cry out to Jesus ! He will hear you when you cry. He will come and help you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?