Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

A Way To Escape

Just why temptation comes into our lives is not a real issue when you are being tempted. Why this happened is probably a question the enemy would like you to take the time to resolve, rather than make it through the temptation without giving into his desire.
So when I was tempted last night, I remembered all his old tricks , and tried to stay focused on what I did know. I did know that neither heighth, nor depth, nor principalities or powers could separate me from the love of God. This I repeated over and over many times, just in case he did not hear me the first time. Just because I was being tempted to sin, did not mean that I was unloved by God. God's love never fails.
Secondly I focused on what Jesus had done that proved His love for me. As all who know my saviour , know that His giving of Himself for our sins, says it all.
Then when it was most unbearable , I realized , He had given me a way of escape. The temptation itself did not leave, but as I followed the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT , I realized it would be bearable if I went this way, and so I did.
The idea came to me to blow out , like I was trying to blow out a candle, just gently, not a big puff, just a gentle blow, and I could even imagine a candle burning in front of me , to kind of give me the idea to blow the flame out.
As minutes turned into hours , the temptation came and went like labor pains, and during those unbearable minutes , I used this way of escape. I also played a play station game , just to keep my mind off of it. ( I know, LOL )
Today I am searching God's Word and seeking help from others who have encountered addiction before me.
There is grace for us. Even had I given in. There is grace for those of you who still do give in. And I am only talking about I did not give in to the temptation that was being thrust upon me last night. There are many that I just do not even resist, or only to a point, like my ice cream addiction. I give in to it for a while but then struggle to resist until I get back down to my normal clothes size, then I go again.
Should God give us grace ?
I think if , I think I must agree with God that it is okay for Him to give me grace then I must be missing some valuable truth somewhere a long the line.

What I wish would be in my core being is just a thankfulness .....for His grace.

However, let it be known that the word of my testimony today is : that Jesus does provide a way of escape from every temptation, just like Paul said He would.
I Corth. 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?