Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Grace Grace Grace

How I enjoy GRACE ! Most days it is there before me, I dance with my Father God in His field of grace. Some days though, my sin is ever before me, and while trying to work at the truth , I forget, GRACE. That is when I start to nose dive into the slew of despond. It happens everytime I try to stop and fix a sin.
"Why would you want to stop and fix a sin?" you might say. Or some of my more savvy friends might say, "Who told you , you could fix a sin ?"
Only my compassionate friends will understand. When I see that my sins are affecting the lives of others , the temptation to fix me is great.
As simple as it seems, it is not easy to forgive when others trespass on me. However, years of ignoring the trespass doesn't suffix either. The results of unforgiveness will always show up in your own life. There by starting a chain reaction of others now needing to forgive you for the trespass you have inflicted on them. The evidence of their unforgiveness towards you is there, because they now are exhibiting the same behavior they were unable to forgive you for.
This pile becomes a huge mess. Trespass upon trespass, upon trespass upon trespass. People thinking all you have to do is quit it !
All the while knowing that all you have to do is forgive the first offending party, and can't. Or won't . Or thought it would just be better to ignore it. Or thought you had forgiven because it seemed you had forgotten it. And there it is , big as day, right there at the bottom of this mess of sin that you and several others have now contributed to.
If this story sounds even vaguely familiar, say with me today, "Grace, grace, grace !"
Yes, this sin of unforgiveness will have to be dealt with. But first I will have to receive grace. My trying to fix this sin without it , has never ever produced fruit. Sin is blotted out by Jesus. Sin has to be exposed so He can get to it. Sin is given GRACE because there is nothing else to do with it.
It is humbling to receive , but there is no other way into the presence of Our Father.
Grace, grace, grace and again I say, grace.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?