Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

And there is hope, Jer 31:17

A Joyful Bible Study.
I hope you are able to read the Bible with your child. Our study time brought us to Rev 3:1-6 recently. The first and second day that I read the passage I did not see much fruit. I was surprised when again I felt this was to be our Bible reading. I am so glad that I did not do my own thing.
vs 2, Be watchful, and strengthen the things that remain, (a fragment of the verse.)
I had read (via Blue Letter Bible ) by clicking the list of commentaries ( that is the L beside the verse ) David Gusik's find about the place called Sardis . When I related this to my daughter she found the whole passage much more interesting.
Then I invited her to help me discover how this mistake that Sardis had made could help us today. It was very evident that it was Sardis' over confidence that they were secure in what they were doing that was their downfall.
And how could it be that a church could be dead and still alive ?
As she shared with me her understanding of doing things for the sake of doing them and not really doing them from the heart as unto the LORD, I knew, she at last was returning unto her own borders.
There is one thing that she reckgonizes as something that she must do, not as a ritual but engage her mind and heart into . That is when we partake of what is commonly called Communion. When we eat of the bread and drink of the juice to specifically remember what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?