Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 

Being Able To Fix My Eyes On Jesus

When my eyes are fixed on Jesus , I am not looking at myself.
Looking at myself has always caused me problems. Looking to Jesus gives me strength, hope, joy, love, encouragement, and answers to lifes most complex problems.
You can not look forward and backward at the same time. The more I looked at myself the less I liked myself. The more I look at Jesus , I find He has chosen to love me unconditionally.
Looking forward , I run a race. Trusting that the new nature of Christ Jesus is being developed in me. While it is being developed I know that I am given grace for sins I still commit.
Life becomes complex when I look at those sins and try to figure out a way to stop commiting them. Because it is impossible to look backwards and forwards at the same time, unless I am only seeing the new nature of Christ Jesus , my inward search only produces me more problems.
Yet as I look forward I see the developing of His nature within me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?