Monday, February 26, 2007

 

Joy Comes In The Morning

As I was sorrowing, I knew that I would have a testimony to share , some day. My life is not without sorrow. It is a part of a growing Christians need to sorrow. Without sorrow the fruit of repentance for sins could not be found.
Joy comes as the dawn. Not all at once but gradually.
I can always have the joy of my salvation, because I know Who Jesus is and what He has done for me.
This knowledge keeps all sorrow in a place of bittersweet. The hope of righteousness is as knowing in the midst of night that dawn will come. Jesus' sacrifice for our sins is what gives us righteousness. Our understanding and being able to receive it produces fruit. I praise Him for His willingness to give His Self for me that I might have this gift.
The magnitude of this gift increased for me as I realized His most important words He uttered for all man kind to hear as He hung upon the cross. "Father, forgive them" has taken on new meaning as I too want to respond to situations like Jesus did.
In an effort to really tell you about my trials and testimonies I am inhibited somewhat by staying in my own territory. It would be a violation of ethics I believe to tell you that such and so did this, and so and so did this when I did this.
I can tell you this.
I have sinned. Saints do sin , by the way. I am so grateful for the grace God has given me. Yet I did want to and still do want to quit sinning in many areas.
The ten commandments most certainly are not meant to be suggestions. The commandments Jesus gave us to have no other gods before Him and to love our neighbor as ourselves certainly wasn't just idle talk.
Reading the complete Word reveals to me that the sins I do not commit , in my own strength are considered self-righteousness. This prompts me to consider that I need His divine strength to do anything right, and it be a sweet smell to Him.
I have not honored my mother in a very long time.
According to the standard above , it might be safe to say, I have never honored my mother. I gave up even trying a long time ago. It still is unsure to me that I will be able to honor her by her birthday.
When does one get to declare that morning is here ?
When the sun is shining brightly, or when the dawn is just beginning to appear?
At the first sound of the roosters crow? It might be even at that time one feels it is to dark to maneuver safely around in unfamiliar territory.
However, the word of my testimony is : that joy comes in the morning.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?