Wednesday, February 14, 2007

 

Rolling The Stone Away, Why I Do This

Jesus came that we might choose LIFE rather than death.
A simple choice that can be made to look hard. For many to hear that Jesus loves them just as they are, though they long to believe it, the words roll off them as water on a duck's back.
The time it takes to give a testimony may be all that is needed to help break down the resistance they find in their souls.
Jesus came to give us LIFE rather than death.
Trying to live without Jesus brings the stench of death.
Once Jesus can, (because He has been invited to ) breathe on a person the death begins to go away. Life starts flowing through once dead brain cells that suddenly tell eyes, "See what the LORD has done !"
Amazingly the psalmists proclamation, " taste and see, the Lord is good ! " becomes a reality.
I give the word of my testimony in obedience to the LORD's word to my heart.
Sometimes I struggle with thoughts of concern about what people might be thinking about me. My testimonies expose who I am, my life, my children, my concerns.
When I obey I do not have to know if it has helped someone. I did not do it for that purpose. However, it occurred to me today that my obedience may be very important.
What would of happened when Jesus came to visit his friend Lazarus' tomb and when He said, "Roll the stone away," no one would obey ? Fortunately that was not case. There were people ready to obey that day, and praise the LORD, there are those who are willing to obey today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?