Saturday, March 17, 2007

 

He Never Let's Go Of Me

Having God with me 24/7 use to be an uncomfortable thought. Knowing that He knew everything I did was not something I wanted to think about. I wanted to know He was around when I was praying. I wanted Him to be around when I was in trouble. I certainly wanted Him to hear me when I confessed my sins. Perhaps I did want Him to be around when I praised Him, because I desired an audience.
The truth kept staring me in the face. He would never leave me or forsake me.
He didn't take bathroom breaks. He never slept. Never went to other worlds and check on them and leave me with a babysitter. Never got bored with my company and found some diversion. Always there, 24/7.
Now the benefit of that has to be looked at from the angle of knowing just who God is and what His character is.
I can not even think of one person that I would want to be with me 24/7.
There are times that I check out from the knowing that God is with me 24/7. Yet as I come to enjoy the awareness of His being here I am trying to do that less and less.
I belong to Him. If He wants to be with me 24/7 I could enjoy that if I choose. It is my choice after all , to rejoice in the Lord always, or not. In His presence is great joy. It seems kind of futile to decide not to enjoy His being here.
Yet whether I am running to Him or trying to hide from Him, He never let's go of me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?