Monday, October 15, 2007

 

Delivered Out Of My Troubles Again

I think I would like to keep a broken heart.
You see I know the Lord does draw nigh unto those that are of a broken heart. Being near to Him is what I need to be saved from all of my troubles.
I can't keep from commenting on the awesomeness of seeing such similar circumstances before in my life.
About this very same time of year, two maybe three years ago I shared a story with my blogger friends about the Lord meeting me during the Feast of Tabernacles. I always want to share what the Lord has given me with others so I exhorted them , draw nigh unto Him, He will draw nigh unto you.
My journey at that time had brought me to the realization that it was not due to our worthiness that we entered into His presence. Just our willingness to come just as we are was all that was required.
It is still the same today, but I desire to stay broken.
Somehow pride was able to come in before.
Pride cometh before a fall is no joke.
Really, did you read my other blogs about falling into a hole ? Walking down the street with Pride as your companion , you might as well put a bandanna around your eyes and play Blind Man's Bluff. You will be in that hole in nothing flat I tell you, I know.
I have been trying to have nothing to do with pride lately.
Not because I want to "proudly walk down the street and not fall in the hole."
But because I want to help others walk.
Just how much good can I be in the hole ?
I fell in again folks, or at least became bogged down in something that felt like quick sand. It was my fault for listening to pride when he suggested I stop for a minute and make sure I would look good.
Did I tell you I was going to look good walking down this new street, or able to walk down the old street but avoid the hole ?
Maybe I thought you expected that of me ? Looking good, cool , calm and composed at all times.
Expect broken. I need broken. I want to live broken.
Brokenness is not bad. Brokenness is good.
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart: and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18

Do you have time to listen to a very good exhortation on this subject ?
Click these words and enjoy. My heart was so blessed and encouraged and like you already know, I just love to share.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?