Monday, October 01, 2007

 

A New Street

Deut 2:3 Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward.
I have this wonderful short story of my life . I did not come up with this myself , nor am I in chapter five all the time. However, I am learning to follow the Spirit rather than my old sinful nature all the time. Reading Romans 8 has helped me know walking down a new street is entirely possible. Our personal message from Jesus is in His word. He would not fill us with hope if it were not attainable.

AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS
BY PORTIA NELSON
Chapter I
I walk down the street
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in
I am lost..........I am helpless
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.
Chapter II
I walk down the street
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.
Chapter III
I walk down the same street
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I see it is there
I still fall in........it is a habit.
My eyes are open
I know where I am
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.
Chapter IV
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.
Chapter V
I walk down another street.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?