Friday, October 19, 2007

 

Shame and Pride are Friends

You should be ashamed ! Have you ever agreed with that ? Have you ever agreed with that, even after you'd accepted that the Father of Jesus Christ has forgiven you ? I think I thought you were suppose to ! Like some unspoken code of etiquette . You know like don't pass gas at the dinner table . When you've sinned , be ashamed , be very ashamed.
No wonder I've had such a problem with Pride ! It is a natural instinct to bring Pride in to cover up Shame . Who would be able to continue to be ashamed and then not use Pride to carry on ?
That transition from receiving forgiveness and believing that we need not be ashamed is a critical time.
With so many around assuming you should be ashamed , it is harder still to shed off that lie and go on with out it.
I now know that I should not be ashamed ! I am forgiven and not bound down with shame ! I have nothing to be ashamed of ! Jesus took away all my sins and shame.

Comments:
Pride has been the down fall of many. It will only lead to downfall.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?