Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 

Walking on A New Street

Should I be walking on the same old street but able not to fall in the hole. Or perhaps I am walking on a new street, I need to prepare for a new lifestyle. If you remember from my last blog the habitual falling into the same hole would indicate a life style pattern.
To think that you will break a habit and then have a new life style all in an instant of choice is probably unrealistic. However, I would not say totally impossible. So if you have experienced such a change in your life please have patience with me. I seem to be slow. Yet I am not alone. So for all those who are realising that change comes gradual , and that it is an everyday choice to follow Jesus that brings it about. I want to share some things that I have gleaned out of a book Excuse me.........Your REJECTION Is Showing by Noel & Phyl Gibson. I feel it is important to give acknowledgement to the authors of this book.
As you read the following steps , think of me taking steps as one does while walking ,not steps up.

Step 1: Aim to make Jesus Christ Lord of every thought and action.
II Corth.10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
"Follow me " Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Step 2: Let the Holy Spirit re-model your personality and lifestyle.
Galatians 3:5
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, [doeth he it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Step 3: Develop a hunger for God's Word.
Romans 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Step 4: Maintain a two way communication with your heavenly Father.
Step 5: Forget the old wheel-chair. Move around by yourself.
Hebrews 13:5, 6
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Having been released from the crippling effects of rejection, you will no longer have to rely on the constant support, comfort, and care of your friends. Walk on your own spiritual feet and enjoy the constant companionship of Jesus Christ.
a. Stand tall, and stop looking with self-pity at your crooked reflection in life's puddles. Remember, the 'old me' has gone.
b. Relentlessly deal with any lingering look over your shoulder at the regrettable past, and refuse to entertain thoughts of resentment, or self-centeredness, he has forgiven and cleansed.
c. One old saying is continuously up to date- the J-O-Y of Christian living comes from loving 'J' Jesus first 'O' others second, and 'Y' yourself last.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?