Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

The Street Called His Purpose

I love this street !
I was trying to remember how I found it .
I was just being thankful , for everything.
Just deciding to obey , even if it meant suffering .
I was just looking up , because my redemption draweth nigh.
What else was I doing at the time ?
Oh, deciding to love truth and hate lies.
Being delighted when asked to dance ! My joy expressed when an invitation of grace is given.
I had stopped to look at this mountain, and spoke , "grace, grace, grace" to it. Then I said, "although this mountain may be removed, nothing will be as wonderful as when I can love those to whom this grace is given."
Then I looked again at the valley I was in and saw there were streams of His Spirit flowing here. Surely all I would need to sustain me as I climbed the high mountain ahead.
In the language of my favorite author Hannah Hurnard and her book Hind's Feet On High Places , I realize this trip up the mountain is not something we take once and then it is done with forever more.
I believe that the renewing of our minds in which she allegorically describes her journey , becomes a life long process that must be engaged in constantly if we are to be ready when Jesus comes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?