Friday, December 07, 2007

 

Ask and You Shall Receive

Have Your Door Open
Next in my series of real life testimonies : Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to [them that are] bound;
My daughter and I watch to much TV. Just like my attempts to eat healthy all the time, I am also aware that what I feed my mind has a direct connection to my spiritual health.
Rather than take TV completely out the house my daughter and I have discussed the need for balance. One of the ways to achieve this balance , we decided to see each program we watched, as an ice breaker into a conversation. Meaning that if either of us are prompted by the story to talk, we push the pause button and we begin by saying something like ,"You know that made me think of something I'd like to talk about."
Now I've learned that this is not as well received by her if this is a DVD or VHS we are watching for the first time but in our home we have volumes of re-runs .
I asked God to help my daughter to become less dependent on using the TV for an escape of life.
Last night in an episode of Christy she stopped it and said this particular scene made her feel uncomfortable. I suggested that the absence of a parent can sometimes cause a child to feel abandoned and if they do not know how to process their feelings they may become bitter or hard.
My daughter recalled a time when I had left her with a babysitter who was very uncaring. She remembered when I left, she had cried and the sitter had just looked at her as though she was waiting for it to get over. Then she stuck her in front of the TV. That was all she ever did , was sit her in front of the TV.
Then Isa 61:1 came to my mind and I suggested to her that perhaps this memory had come at this time because Jesus now wanted to bind up her broken heart and heal that feeling of abandonment she had felt so many years ago. We prayed together acknowledging that she was ready to receive healing for this wound inflicted so many years ago.
Ask believing you will receive ! How marvelous Our Lord is to come to meet our every need.

2 Corth 1: 3-4 Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?