Saturday, December 08, 2007

 

Go Forth

Real Life Testimony : There are things ( like filling out paper work for insurance ) that I just have a hard time doing. During these years of walking with my Lord, I have discovered some of the reasons why it is hard for me. However, it still has not changed the fact that I really struggle with making phone calls and anything of that nature.
I would try and tell myself on this day you will fill out the insurance form and if you have a problem answering the questions you will call.
Finally I asked for prayer from the Christian community. I just said simply ,"I have trouble filling out paper work, please pray for me." One person suggested that I actually go to the office of the insurance company so I could ask for help filling out the form . Later I realized what a help that little suggestion was. Did you catch it ? I would not have to call and ask a question.
Still I had to go there. Finding the time and the courage all at once.
As I was working Wednesday and thinking of my new plan I kept thinking , it is to bad you have to work Friday. Friday would be a good day to go and do this. What a strange thought to go on in my mind. However, it was there. What a relief to hear that my employer would actually love for me to come Monday and not Friday this week !
Once again, courage and time. Time was here now courage.
I always pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal to me where I am in His Holy Word. That is to say, what kind of Bible Story best fits my life today.
Friday morning I was reviewing the story of Moses and the Israelites crossing the Red Sea. The enemy was being held at bay by a pillar of fire but who knew just how long that pillar fire was going to last. Just as Moses knew , I also knew, I needed to get out of there. But how ?
Moses asked the same question and I guess it didn't really upset the whole world system or anything.
Ex 14:15 & 16 And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry [ground] through the midst of the sea.
Well, the people in the insurance office were not polite about helping me.
Nor were they willing to help me by telling me things that would save me time and trouble. But I finally made it to the end of filling out all the questions and I even thought to ask them if there was one other bit of information they might require. "Yes," was the answer, and I said, " I thought you might need it, here I have it in my purse."
To be quite honest with you my journey yesterday was more like the pillar of fire coming and keeping my enemies at bay while I and the Lord confer about crossing the Red Sea. However, I have confidence in my heart that at just the right time it will occur to me what act of faith might be required , such as holding a rod over the Red Sea.
And I will go forth, oh yes, I will go forth !

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?