Tuesday, December 04, 2007

 

Real Life Testimony

Living a testimony has only one requirement, Living. Giving that testimony by word requires so much more. Fortunately all that I need comes from my God .
Because I live, I breathe in and I breathe out. I give and I receive. Should I stop doing one or the other , life would stop.
Recently I found some other bloggers who share their life testimonies . By their willingness to obey God and share their experiences , it has fueled the fire within me to share again. Thank-you Jeff Running To The Promise and Chris Show Them Through Me-Let Me Be A Light So They Can See. Click there names to take a peek.
The Lord is always faithful to supply all our needs. If you need it to do His will , I believe He will supply it, no matter what "it" is.
The allegorical street I have previously blogged about could take on so many meanings. I liked naming it His Purpose because it reminds me , what I am here to do is His Purpose .
To be more specific I want to be able to do His will powered by the Holy Spirit within me. As I recognize my other counterfeit helpers that my flesh has come up with to do His will, I am tempted to try to rid myself of these things myself. However the more I work to put off the old man the harder the old man wants to stay. This putting off must also be powered by the Holy Spirit . When I meditate on God's Holy Word my mind is renewed and the Holy Spirit is unleashed in my life to take over what my flesh would do. That way , it is not I that managed to get that old man off but Christ within me , and Him crucified.
The old street I referred to in my blogs has to do with addiction. I do not have many uplifting conversations about addiction. Most at best are glad for the grace to just better their addictions to something less harmful to themselves or others. There are so many who need that message right there. Receiving grace is the answer ! Talking about grace is being able to know about grace . Being able to receive grace requires knowing about it and this is why so much time is spent talking about it.
To actually start walking in grace one must receive and then give grace.
Now this is not as easy as it sounds.
First you have to have a repentant . Someone who actually wants to receive grace . However hard as it is, I must not give up looking for repentants of grace. Just lately I have learned to pray grace on people. This way their spirits are receiving and their flesh is not there to fight it off, I hope. Anyway it seems to have opened up the give and receive cycle I've needed to go on further in my walk of grace.
This is how I came upon this idea. I Corinthians chapter one begins with Paul's word of testimony. This is how he lived !
I quote him from verses 3 & 4 . Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?