Sunday, June 01, 2008

 

A Great Diet BREAD and WATER

Yesterday I heard from a young man I love like a son. He is living in China and with a much grateful heart I read his e-mail yesterday. He said , (of a recent ordeal he has been going through) " after three days the LORD spoke to his heart and let him know what he was doing there. "
How awesome !
He lamented because he had spent the days before frustrated and sure that he was suppose to be somewhere else. When the LORD spoke he knew he was where he was suppose to be . Then joy and peace filled his soul .
Would you like to know what I had been praying for him ?
Bread .
That is right .
"Father , please give him bread ."
I picture myself as the man in the parable who has a friend come in the middle of the night.
He goes next door to his neighbor's house and knocks on the door and says he needs bread for his friend . Only this story has been given to us to ask of the Father. It would be much more difficult to do if Jesus had not told us to do something like this. I boldly go and pound on my Father's door and say , "Bread, my friend needs some bread. Open your door . Give me some bread for my friend. "
I never quit until I find out He has answered. I am always confident that He will answer. Knocking and pounding is not difficult when you know that you are asking for something you will surely be given.
Daily bread and water is a diet the LORD will never deny us.
I may have to knock on the door a while , but that's okay.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?