Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

I'm Under The Blood of The Lamb

Rahab the harlot received the same benefits that I believe are available today , for those who live under the blood of the Lamb. She put aside what her community would want her to do and did what she believed to be right. Her whole household was affected by her faith, or those who would abide with her in her house. She might have asked some relative to come and be safe in her house and they refused. Still she had a powerful testimony. She had the promise that if they did come and abide with her they would also be spared from the devastation that was soon to come to Jericho. Can't you hear her now ? As she retells the story (that we can read in Joshua 2) I can imagine their eyes getting wide. "You mean there is an answer to the problem we all know is coming?" Hopefully her dwelling was jam packed with relatives.
I live under the blood of the Lamb!
Life is awesome for me. I am not afraid of losing my salvation. Therefore I have great joy , all the time (except for those times I forget my benefits.) For those brief times when I relapse into thinking maybe I better please God and then really get to studying what that would mean, I lose my joy.
It happens every time. In fact I think I am going to put a poster on my refrigerator.
NO JOY ?
JUST HOW WAS IT THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD TRY TO PLEASE GOD NOW ?
Maybe that would help me remember , there is no joy without the joy of my salvation and I can only mess it up , if I think I am going to earn it by pleasing Him someway.
His Salvation can only be had by believing it exists the Way He says it does.
John 3:16

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?