Saturday, September 27, 2008

 

Running a Race

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The race I run requires humility. The old joke is "I thought I was humble once but then I became proud of being humble." More true than not because once I stop to access myself , rather than just keep on running , I fall once again into pride. Running without a gauge might seem mundane but I think it is the only way I will manage to keep from falling. Gracious as my LORD is to always uphold me in His right hand when I fall, I would rather not fall into pride again. I once thought it prudent to stop and access myself but now I see the folly of it . There really is no other better thing to do than to look unto Jesus.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?